RUNAWAY SLAVE

A journey to embrace, explore, and honor the Freedom and Power inherent in active recovery.



No more shame...

No more shackles....

No more secrets.



The path--and the Power--are within. Be Free.





Thursday, May 19, 2011

Value of the Unseen


Is the truth always best? Can we even
know the difference between truth and
perception? Likely not.

Some days, the fake smiles and the
false pretenses and the stupid upbeat
phrases may seem like the bitter stem
of a delusional dam barely maintaining
the flood waters of despair and
depression.

I guess that beats the alternative.

It's hard to let down the guard of only
relying on what we feel is real and
dependable.

Today, let my prideful brainiac self
not cast smug denouncement on the
simple joys of letting things be okay
just as they are....of giving faith a chance....
of putting off crazy for just one more day.

Maybe I can finally learn the value of
the essential intangibles like Hope, Mercy,
Love, Faith, and Prayer.

Today, let effort and desire be enough
to carry me through. Good days will
come back around. Let me hold fast to
that truth while things are bleak.

Let me see the value of ideals and 'pretenses.'
Today I give circumspection, cynicism, and
criticism a much-needed break.

No comments:

Post a Comment